Install, Uninstall, Reinstall Norton Security Installation Procedure
Norton Security is the latest Antivirus Security Software developed by Symantec, Norton. It works on almost all the operating system starting from MS Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS platforms. It comes in three different editions, like Norton Security Standard, Norton Security Deluxe, and Norton Security Premium. Norton Security Standard provide security for 1 (one) device only. Norton Security Deluxe is protected our computer system or devices for up to 5 devices, while Norton Security Premium provides a maximum for protection for 10 devices. More information about these three can be found at our Norton Security Editions Compared page.
Below is more information on about the Uninstall older Norton security to install the latest Security. More information on buying Norton Security is given below.
STEP 1 – How to Uninstall the pre-install Norton or other security software
Uninstall process on Windows-based computers
(This information is about the removal of pre-installation of any security software installation exists. This information is very useful for Norton security products other than Norton Security, or security products of other software makers like Avast, Avira, AVG, McAfee, Kaspersky, Panda, Trend Micro, ESET, F-Secure, etc.)
- Click Start button in the bottom left-hand corner or press window key and click on the Control Panel option.
- When you in the control panel, depending on which operating system is in use, do one of the following:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 – Open programs and features.
- Windows Vista – Open uninstall a program.
- Windows XP – Open add or remove programs.
- Once you the see the listing of the old directory that is installed opens, click on the Norton Software option (or other software) to be removed, and click uninstall or remove.
- Click on Norton Complete Uninstall process to finish the uninstall process.
- A Subscription remaining days warning window will appear, click next.
- Click on Restart Now. After the reinstallation, the software will completely be uninstalled from your computer.
Uninstall Norton process on Mac OS X devices
- Remove an app by either:
- Uninstalling it via Launchpad (hold the icon down until all icons start to jiggle, and click the delete button (X).
- If there’s no delete button in the Launchpad, remove the app by using its uninstaller, or if that is not available, by moving the app into the Trash, and then by emptying the Trash.
- Restart action may or may not be needed.
STEP 2 – Install Norton Security
- Use this URL to get you to your Norton Account: https://norton.com/setup
- On the installation, page enters the email address and password which you receive during the account setup.
- Click on the Sign In button
- After logging in with the Norton portal for the first time after your purchase, that does not have Norton Security installed, you may get prompted to select one of the two options: Install on this device or Install on another device
- Click agreement to get the installation to begin.
- When you downloaded the software onto your computer, Norton’s downloader program will run and installation of your security software will start. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When done you will get your Norton Product installed.
STEP 3 – Installation of Norton Security on Additional Devices
Below is the installation steps if you wish to install Norton security software onto another device (computer or mobile).
- Log into your Norton Management console: https://manage.norton.com
- On the Management Homepage, Click Download Norton above which it says “Do you want to add more devices?“
- Select another device tab, and follow the instruction s appearing of the screen.
OPTIONAL – Retrieve Your Product Key
- For Retrieving the Product key, you need to login into your Norton Account.
- Click onto the Devices tab,
- Look for the device you need a product key for and click on accessed from the Services
OPTIONAL – Installation of Norton Security then Activation
- Download your Norton Security Software here: http://www.norton.com/latest (Standard and Deluxe versions)
Download your Norton Security with backup Software here: http://www.norton.com/latestnsbu (Premium version)
- Click the downloaded file, to begin with, the installation of Norton Security install.
- Click Agree on the User License Agreement.
- Click Agree and install Norton Security or Norton Security with Backup.
- Activate your Norton Security installation by using the product key.